Despite getting a ton of water in our hip waders today, it was still great to be out in the field. And in positive temperatures nonetheless! We went from the south to the north end of our watershed today, gathering water samples from the creek and using some of our new equipment. The sondes we have came in handy for getting conductivity, pH, and temperature — however, I am really thinking that we should have gotten the model with a handheld display instead of trucking around our new laptop (even if it is a Toughbook). We used out flow meter to gather the stream velocity across a transect. Unfortunately, we had difficulty with our depth calibration so we might have gotten our feet wet for nothing on that one. Here’s hoping there is good data in those samples we collected!